20 Ways To Improve Your Loyalty Program
Looking for new ways to improve your customer loyalty program? There isn’t just one specific way to ensure that your loyalty program increases retention, sales, and the overall happiness of your customers–there are lots! Here are 20 ways to improve your loyalty program:
Increase Loyalty Program Membership
1. Offer new customers an incentive at enrollment as a reward for joining up.
2. Don’t ask for too much personal information. Only gather information you plan to use.
3. Omni-channel advertising is important. Spread the word about your loyalty program any way that you can.
4. Reward existing loyalty customers for sharing the word and interacting with your brand.
5. Don’t just focus on adding members. Create a process to engage and grow the loyalty of new members.
Your Employees Are Essential. Educate and Reward Them For Their Help!
6. Spread the word! Make sure your employees know the benefits of your loyalty program.
7. Give them a script. Your employees will have an easy time talking about the benefits if you write a short script for them.
8. Create a contest among employees to see who can enrol the most new customers.
9. If loyalty program enrolment is lagging, consider sending secret shoppers to your store to see if there are training issues that need to be addressed.
10. Create a company-wide plan so everyone–from entry-level employees to large shareholders–understands why your loyalty plan is important.
Make Your Customers Feel Valued
11. Don’t let your program grow stagnant or outdated. Your company should be constantly reevaluating the program and what the best way to reward your customers is.
12. Research your customers’ impressions of the current loyalty program, and see how it drives behaviour. Make sure you are meeting your customers’ wants and needs.
13. Listen to your customers. Customer retention is far more valuable than gaining new customers, so make sure you offer avenues for your customers to have their voice heard, and make sure you actually listen and implement changes where necessary
Use Data To Your Advantage
14. Analyze your reward program redemption rates to see who is redeeming, what they are buying, and when they are buying. If your rewards are too hard to earn/use, your customers will become disengaged.
15. Use data to see who is using their loyalty cards, and who isn’t. Have a plan in place to deal with those customers who are not engaged.
16. Is your loyalty plan aligning with your business objectives? If not, you can make a change in customer behaviour by tweaking your loyalty plan.
Communicate With Your Customers
17. Reward meaningful–and ongoing–interactions with your brand on a variety of channels, such as social media, email, or on your own site. Keep the conversation going!
18. Pay attention to the news and social media chatter. See what your customers are really saying, what they are interested in, and what is trending.
19. Use mobile apps to your advantage. Send your customers in-app messages, nudges, and text messages outlining new deals, sales, and offers.
20. Synchronize all your messages with customers to create a more in-depth customer profile. This will help you to know exactly what they need, allow you to cross-sell relevant products, and have a more “real” and lasting relationship with them that feels more organic.
Comments are closed